Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My Saturday... big girl all by myself...

So Saturday we were suppose to go to Virginia because Kenny's dad had knee replacement surgery and we wanted to give him some TLC but he said it would be o.k. to wait a week since Kenny wanted to go to a Heli event in Wilson, NC.

Sooo... Kenny and a buddy (Justin) went to the heli event and I elected to stick around here since it was gonna be a super hot day. However, I did not want to just stay home since I am here Mon-Fri so I did some stuff... here is what I did..

1st.. I went to a place I heard about from the woman that works at the cupcake boutique downtown Raleigh... North Hills for shopping:
http://www.northhillsraleigh.com/
It was nice.. outdoor shopping entrances to stores and water falls and restaurants. I decided to have a salad at a sit down restaurant and for the 1st time in my life I dined alone... it felt kind of weird at first but it was just a salad and sweet tea so I was o.k.

Then I headed to another part of downtown that I had not been too... to go to this:
http://www.rockandshopmarket.com/
Where I bought this:
screen printed by these folks:
www.ahpeele.net
NOTE: screen printed on front and back.. I love it!

Then I was walking down the street and came across this awesome wall:
And afterwards.. I decided to just go and rent some movies and go home with the pups...
I rented 27 dresses, Heartbreak Kid and Juno... Juno was my fave.

Sunday I made cupcakes:

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

cute! i love your new shirt. we need to go out when we both actually have a saturday free. you've discovered so many cool places!

Anonymous said...

We saw Juno and liked it too. :)